It is hard to imagine a home without carpets. As a matter of fact, carpets make decorations look good due to their beautiful patterns. It is one of your home’s major parts as you will be walking and not flying on their surface each day. With the new cases of COVID-19 in Melbourne, and advice on staying home to stay safe keep coming, there are also many questions being asked and for the best reason of staying safe and healthy.
However, facilities like hospitals, residential, offices, restaurants, schools, and hotels are increasing their cleaning and disinfecting services on commonly-touched surfaces in order to reduce the spread of the infection. One of these frequently surfaces that receive human activities every day is your carpet.
Coronavirus and other similar viruses are transmitted through sneezing, coughing, physical contact, and talking. Facilities need to consider the importance of proper carpet maintenance during this period.
Keeping in mind the differences between cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing carpet will give the homeowners and facility managers more help in protecting occupants, visitors, and help their carpet investment. You will get some answers and valuable information on how to keep your carpet COVID free and disinfected against any cold or flu virus in this write-up.
How long can Coronavirus stay on the Carpet?
The effectiveness of viruses is generally dependent on temperature, humidity, as well as the porosity of the surface where the virus is present. There is flu season because cold, dry environments keep the virus infectious for a longer period. According to Survival of Influenza A(H1N1) on items found in homes conducted in 2011, Dr. Jane Greatorex at Public Health England on Implications for infection Control reported that research showed the virus’ survival could last a while on porous surfaces such as clothing, wood, and so on, and double that on non-porous surfaces, which include plastic and metal.
Your carpet and upholstery are examples of porous surfaces, which implies that it is less accommodating for the viruses than non-porous surfaces. However, your carpet and upholstery still under cool and dry environment for the virus.
A recently published study contained in The Journal of Hospital Infections, which is titled Persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their ineffectiveness with biocidal agents, the COVID-19, just like SARS and MERS, can live on surfaces from two hours to 9 days.
Although there are effective and proven ways to prevent the spread of popular coronaviruses, these techniques are yet to be tested against the coronavirus. So, until we have more information with us, we still give recommendations on the general coronaviruses even for this new strain of the virus. We cannot offer any certainty that professional carpet cleaning will get rid of the COVID-19, but only when it is disinfected in addition to deep cleaning.
Cleaning a Carpet against COVID
Since carpet act as a home for dirt, dust, mold spores, pollen, pesticides, and other particles, the installation of carpets is therefore recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency for facilities like a hotel, healthcare, and schools. Although carpet is very helpful in improving the quality of indoor air, regular deep cleaning of carpet is so important to get rid of the accumulation of soil and other dangerous particles that penetrate and settle into carpet fibers.
For proper carpet cleaning, first, make use of Carpet and Rug Institute certified vacuum. You also need to get a vacuum with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) that filters 99.97% of airborne particles. Make sure that the vacuum is maintained properly, as it may be difficult for faulty or poorly maintained filters to extract build up in carpet fibers.
Tips for keeping your Carpet clean and COVID free
Practicing good hygiene in the home is the best way to keep your carpets clean when there is a virus or other infectious illness on the loose. Follow these tips to clean your carpet:
- Put on disposable gloves when you are cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Dispose of gloves immediately you are done treating any surface in your household.
- Only use EPA approved products that are specially made to be effective against pathogens such as COVID-19 and will cleanse porous surfaces thoroughly.
- Frequently wash your hands. Use clean running water to mist your hands before you slather them with soap. Rub your hands against each other for at least 20 seconds, including your nail and the backs of your hands. Rinse and dry your hands. If you cannot locate a sink where you are, it will be better to use a hand sanitizer that contains 60% alcohol at the lowest.
- Clean surfaces with the use of alcohol-based wipes rather than baby wipes.
- Frequently disinfect touched surfaces in your household, such as floors, countertops, doorknobs, walls, and light switches.
- Ensure there is a HEPA filter in your vacuum so that it can trap small particles inside instead of being repositioned.
- Use a doormat to clean shoes, then place them by the door and apply disinfectant on them.
- Arrange a professional cleaning service for carpets, rugs, and upholstery. Although you may be able to spot-treat stains using natural cleaners, the coronavirus will not be killed by vinegar, so you need to get professional cleaning help to make sure you have a safe carpet in your home.
To sanitize implies bringing back a place to a safe level where humans can occupy. Clean the equipment by using an approved disinfectant wipe or spray. Make sure workers put on the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves, to help mitigate the spread of germs and stick to the manufacturer’s instructions. Consider the bacteria-filled soil in your restaurants and bathrooms. No matter the quantity of bleach you spray, if you fail to remove the matched contaminated soils in the grout through active hot water extraction, you have done little to nothing. This is also true of your rugs and carpets. This is why deep carpet cleaning has been the best activity. It helps remove the unwanted particles such as allergens, soils, mold, oils, and bacteria from your home.
Why Professional Carpet Cleaning is Important?
As you improve your regular cleaning routine and perform home sanitization, cleaning carpet is essential. Even though there is no proof that it totally gets rid of the chance of preventing the spread of the COVID-19, or any other viruses, we can tell you that the conditions this carpet creates when cleaned are not accommodating to the survival of the viruses.
Heat and moisture are both involved in proper professional cleaning of carpet and upholstery, which implies that cleaning those items can give you peace of mind. If the COVID-19 is found to be similar to other tested viruses in the past, professional leaning will reduce the chances of the virus living on your interior surfaces for long.
Some of the benefits of our carpet cleaning are:
Protect both your home interior and your health
We are a carpet cleaning company certified, licensed, and insured, and our crew offers the complete package. Each service includes:
- Top-quality through our steam cleaning system mounted on a truck
- The knowledge of experienced carpet pro cleaners
- Guarantee on the security of our satisfaction
- Vacuuming and shampooing your carpet
- Steam carpet cleaning and carpet disinfection
- Carpet stain removal
- Carpet sanitisation and deodorising
- Carpet mould treatment
- Pet stains and odour removal from carpet
- Carpet Steam Cleaning
- Vomit and blood stain removal
Get to the root of the problem
Every vacuum or do-it-yourself cleaner has its limits, no matter the type or size. Although they extract subsurface dirt and particles, they cannot penetrate deeply into the pile. This is why the grit, bacteria, and eyesores still remain. You get an effective alternative with our professional steam cleaning. Our cleaning system makes use of technology of highest grade and high temperature to:
- Extract dirt, dust, pet hair, and other particles
- Get rid of major stains and odors
- Eliminate over 90% of bacteria
Saves your time
Your carpet will remain wet for a longer period after you return your rental cleaning equipment for a DIY carpet cleaning. However, steam cleaning will leave no spot on your carpet and only take a few hours to dry. This is necessary because it:
- Limits the number of time you cannot use your carpeted space
- Lowers the risk of growth of mold or mildew
Your carpeting should improve the look of your interior, whether a business or living space, not to make it look poor. With our professional cleaner team, your property will get the support it deserves using the right cleaning solution. There is a spotless carpet hiding somewhere behind the tired look. And it will be uncovered by our team.
Arrange an In-Home Meeting with Best Carpet Cleaning Melbourne Now!
The best thing to do is to remain indoors during these times when you may be concerned about the risk of contract the virus. Fortunately, this doesn’t imply that you have to halt your plan. Best Carpet Cleaning Melbourneis committed to giving you great customer service so that you can get the best deep cleaning for your home.
Schedule an in-home appointment with our professional crew to get a more accurate cleaning quote so your home can remain safe. Your worries about getting the virus will be reduced when you have a clean home with cleaned and disinfected carpets.